Life-Changing Affirmations

 By Mary Swanson


During the 1980's, I was newly divorced and raising three young children. I had a job doing payroll for a restaurant that paid me $50 a week and I was a young astrologer who got new clients through word of mouth from satisfied clients. One of my clients gave me a book by Unity Church Worldwide Minister Catherine Ponder, "Dynamic Laws of Prosperity" because she was worried about my finances and my family. My client's friendliness was lifesaving!

I dug into the book immediately and discovered that it was full of affirmations. I had no idea what affirmations were at that time as I'd never heard of them, but as I studied them, I realized they were like little mini-prayers. I was more than willing to give them a try to help me keep financially afloat. I had no idea that using these short sentences would deepen my faith in God and the Universe as much as they did.

Soon after I read the book I would have a busy week, but then discover that the next week I had no appointments at all which was terrifying! I started saying, "I give thanks for a quick and substantial increase in my financial income NOW!" 15 times in a row with zeal and enthusiasm as Catherine Ponder suggested. Sometimes, when it was a hard, worrisome time, I would even be saying it in desperation! The energy worked no matter where it came from. When my appointment book was blank on Friday for the next week, I would say that affirmation 15 times in a row over and over on Saturday and Sunday and by Monday, the appointment book would be full!

I was so full of gratitude that I could feed my family for the next week or two, I just about melted with joy!

Over the years, I have shared many affirmations with my clients so that they can also come closer to God and the Universe. I have had clients of many different faiths, so I have changed the Christian affirmations to suit the various clients. I would say for myself, "Of myself I cannot do it, but the Christ within me can and does produce miracles in my mind, body and spirit here and now", but some clients are happier with "Of myself I cannot do it, but the Divine within me can and does produce miracles in my mind, body and affairs here and now." Then they can choose what name they want to use for their Divine.

Jesus Christ is my Divine and I have added his name to some of the early affirmations, too, even though Catherine Ponder didn't. For instance, I say, "I give thanks to Jesus Christ for a quick and substantial increase in my financial income now (or quickly and in peace)". As I was going through the divorce in the 80's and my soon-to-be ex would walk in the door and start ranting, I would silently say over and over in my mind, "The peace and harmony of Jesus Christ fills my home and family" and within three minutes, he would calm down and go to watch TV. I would glow with gratitude.

Catherine Ponder has written many books over the years, but other than "The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity", I would strongly recommend "The Dynamic Laws of Healing" for anyone with health concerns for themselves, friends and family. The health affirmations can be just as helpful as the financial affirmations, so investing in both of these books would be a blessing to you and yours, but, most importantly, when you see the positive results of the affirmations, you will grow more and more confident that you are loved and supported by God!!

With great faith that you will be blessed on your life journey,
Mary Swanson

Comments

Popular Posts