Beyond Grateful

 By Bishop Renee Plendl




This time of year always brings me into a space of quiet reflection and contemplation.

As I think of the upcoming fall season, I find that its important to experience moments of feeling the crispness of the air on my face, enjoying the changing leaves, to pause to delight in the leaves swirling with the wind in all their splendid colors.

It’s also a time of year that I am in remembrance and express deep gratitude on All Saints Day. For it is a day that I pause and allow my Heart to be open and filled with devotion for the many Saints that walk with me on this journey. They remind me that I never walk alone and for this I am beyond grateful.

I grew up knowing of “the Saints” but did not have an experience of them until I heard Ron Roth speak of the Saints as “alive” and I wanted to go deeper to truly experience the Saints, to be in relationship with them and to experience their essence. In Ron Roth’s book, “Prayer and the Five Stages of Healing” he wrote “I have become convinced that by praying as these saints, mystics and spiritual masters prayed, we not only pay homage to them and invoke their energy, but in a sense we draw them to us and actively engage their help in our spiritual unfoldment”.

I have also come to learn that the lives of the Saints were not easy and they were called at some point in their life into the darkness and emerged healed, whole and filled with Light. They now share their experience with us from the other side of the veil. During this past year, there have been many times the Saints have been a Light shining brightly in my life and other times a candle in the darkness, lighting the path back to my Heart.

I invite you to join Ordained Enlightened Spiritual Healer/Monk Susan G. Chamberlain PhD and myself on Wednesday, November 1st, on the topic, “All Saints Day”. We will be sharing personal experiences with the Saints, and celebrate these luminaries of Light. We will be offering a Communion Service and offer prayers of healing. Susan and I look forward to being together with you on the call.

Comments

Popular Posts